Saturday, February 26, 2011

UPDATIN'

I just have some free time, and I was relaxin' so... I decided to post on here....

*I loved the movie The Social Network. I am only commenting now b/c recently I saw actor Jesse Eisenberg was on SNL with the "real" Mark Zuckerberg. Yes, it was awkward and funny, with Adam Samberg adding to it!

Also, I loved Get Him to the Greek! This movie had me laughing before I even sat down in the seat! I don't know who was better in this flick. The yummy Russell Brand, Jonah Hill or Diddy! I was very surprised Diddy had such comedic flair!

Also, Kick Ass was a great movie! I love HIT GIRL! She is the s*@>T!

Three great movies of 2010, along with Russell Crowe and Cate Blancett in Robin Hood, the Losers with Chris Evans and Idris Elba and others I mentioned last month on this blog.

*BLACK WOMEN AND JESUS-- Here we go again!
I hear Black women say this crap all the time: "Jesus is my Man", or, "I'm married to Jesus", et al. The problem with this concept is .... You ARE STILL SHARING HIM WITH OTHER WOMEN!

*About two or three weeks ago, I read about Border's going into bankruptcy. I was gonna post it on my blog, but then I thought I had time. Well, no such a thing... last week, the Borders @ Friendship Heights has a guy wearing a big sign, saying "Liquidation, Store Closing, Everything Must Go".. My heart is broken! Book Lovers everywhere are in dismay, although there's still Barnes & Noble, it's like having two kids and one is leaving forever...

*DNA Scientists have reported that 99% of African-Americans have European blood. That's virtually all of us! They also say a good 35-72% of African-Americans "may" have Native-American blood. If u doubt that, look at Obama's daughters; they have one White grandmother. DNA scientists and historians and archaeologists also say there is no such thing as "race", and that there is virtually no "pure race" human at this time in human history; it's just impossible. So why can't we all just get along? Because of the "RACE" we are in for dominance and survival????

Oh how I wish more Black folks (particularly African-Americans) would take education, academia and knowledge, more seriously. I am tired of seeing, mediocre at best, in attitudes and behaviour, taken directly from slavery, passing it on from generation to generation. You cannot make a smart man a slave. You can only be a slave if you are dumb enough to become and STAY a slave! Why do you think it was against the law for slaves to know how or learn to read? The test case that "Massuhs" everywhere learned, was my childhood favourite, author and poet, Phyllis Wheatley. I know her story well. She was snatched from Africa at 7 years old, (her words), and brought to America where the Wheatley's daughter, mostly, taught her to read, in English, Greek and Latin. She was most accomplished and made money with her writings. The pen truly is mightier than the sword. When a revolution or occupation takes over a nation, they gather up the writers first! There'll be no liberation of the minds of the people we are to oppress! Now, if you get them as children, say through the foster care system, you have destroyed the potential genius of a child, who has no home, no parents, no love, they are just a paycheck and a case number. I am tired of telling Black folks to wake the hell up! We've heard this forever,, and yet it seems, as Professor John McWhorter says, in his pivotal book, Losing the RACE, that we seem to be accepting and encouraging ignorant behaviour and not even trying to excel, in any area.I saw John McWhorter on a news show several years ago, (1999? 2000?) and I promptly went out and brought his book. Now, lest yous say, I am airing dirty laundry, let me tell you, I DON'T CARE! Black folks can't afford to be ignorant! A lot of what we do comes directly from our experiences in slavery, which explains why we suck at relationships. We have no relationship skills. After the Civil War, the former masters of former slaves, weren't caballing around saying, "We better teach them niggers to read, write, count, reason, think critically and how to communicate effectively with one another, so they can build strong relationships and strong families and strong communities!" Peshaw! So when a Black guy comes to a Black woman and says, "We just friends, but I like you and we need to get together for some nookie", it is reminiscent of slavery, where Massuh let the Young Buck stud many "gals" (except his bedwench), so he could breed those children and sell them. That way, the Black male, who could not protect nor provide for his woman nor his children, left the responsibility to the White Man, his Massuh. We dare continue this foolish slave behaviour? Black women, for the most part, understand, at some level, what's going on. I believe there is a war on Black Women, Women of All Races actually, but more so against the Black woman. Misogyny in action. The push has been on for several years to make Black women think, we have no men interested in committing to us. From Time Magazine, to CNN to Steve Harvey (I don't care what nobody says, a woman can NOT act like a woman and think like a Man-duh!),[it's physically and emotionally impossible], to Tyler Perry always having the same formula for his plays and movies, Black women, usually the "momma" type, as the crackhead, whore, promiscuous, lascivious, pitiful, neglectful, stereotypical female of a mom! Besides, who in their right mind, takes relationship advice from a COMEDIAN? I read that book, Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man, and I found it to be ridiculous. And Essence magazine has given him more space to lead women into the 40 years of wilderness in the dry ass desert! So one day, he gets on this tv show, and he says Black men do love Black women, they say they love your attitudes, and your curves and your sass and your wit! Ummm, hello, that translates into, we just wanna F**K you! We don't need commitment for that! They love your bodies? STOP TAKING RELATIONSHIP ADVICE FROM STEVE HARVEY! He got most of his stuff from a book that came out before Act Like..., by a former "pimp" by the name of Big Boom. In this book, Big Boom, author of If You Want Closure, Start With Your Legs, and How to Duck A Suckah (both very funny books), Boom, exposes a lot. What he exposed most, is surprising: In the beginning of the book, he talks about his good friend, comedian Steve Harvey! Black people taking relationship advice from comedians, damn, what's next? If I am gonna listen to a comedian, it might have to be Chris Rock. Oh wait, Black women are supposed to be mad at him, for creating/producing the movie, Good Hair. I saw this movie, over the Xmas holidays, and I was astounded. Now I know why non-Black women are so hell-bent on swinging their hair into the faces of Black women, every chance they get! I swing my hair right back, b/c I have that kinda hair, and I get sick of them thinking they are superior b/c of their "hair"? Are you kidding me? Your hair colour, texture, length, makes you a worthy, accomplished human being? For real, fool? Did you feed a child who was hungry today? I did! Did you help an animal in trouble or feed one? I did! Did you teach youngsters to read, write, knit, crochet? I did! I added to the human race! Your hair did not! Stop making Black women who don't have a certain texture or length of hair, feel unworthy or undesirable! What BS!
NOW... to you Black females... nobody, and I mean NOBODY thinks it's your real hair anyway, so stop throwing all your $$$$ away, that could be feeding your kids and paying for your education, for something that is GOING TO MAKE YOU BALD! I know of one lady, I have known for 16 years now, who still wears weave, but where the weave parts, her totally skinned head is showing! I haven't the heart to tell her, but when you stand up and she is sitting down, you can see what wearing weave has done! I am torn b/c of the movie, Good Hair. On the one had, it was enlightening, b/c I had no idea how important this was, and I was heartbroken to find out that Nia Long and Lauren London had fake hair! My daughter says I am hair illiterate! No, I just don't know about weaves and wigs and stuff. BLACK WOMEN with the real, typical hair, the crowns on your heads, b/c it doesn't lay down flat, it stands up like a crown, YOU ARE THE UNIQUE WOMAN OF THE EARTH! You are the only woman on earth that can rock any style on your hair, from cornrows to Afros to locks to braids to wavy to press 'n' curl to curly to whatever! You can have a different hairstyle everyday of the week! And you want flat, straight hair!?! Flat hair is for flat asses! They go together like cake and ice cream! I sometimes wish I had that kind of hair, b/c I am limited in what I can do with my hair, but Black women are right, Black men go crazy for a woman with long hair! I've experienced it all my life! Consequently, Chris Rock's movie, didn't touch on the plight of women with naturally so-called "good" hair. He lumped all Black women in a group together, and basically, made fun of Black women! All this is to prove that there is a definitive WAR AGAINST BLACK WOMEN. I bring this up b/c I was out in DC one night, and there was an Asian woman on the bus. I surmise she just got off the boat recently b/c of her atrocious English (if u want to call it that) and she was swinging her hair like crazy! I have noticed a lot of Asian women doing this in public, so Chris Rock's movie is having a crazed effect on them too. She was jerking her hair as she kept looking at me. , "Oh God", I thought. "here we go again with this hair shit". So before she leaves, she tells the operator how she is so sick and tired of this weave (or maybe said wig), dunno, horrible English) and how she wish it was never invented, it's such a shame), to which the brother did not respond at all, prolly b/c her couldn't understand a damn thing she was saying! I too, wish weave was never invented, my Asian Sistah! The Ethiopians laughed their asses off at her! Why, Chris, why? I believe your daughters will STILL want to wear weave or whatever, get a relaxer or whatever. Yet, everyone, How sad is your life, if the high point of it, is "hair"? It's all dead! That's why when you cut it, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't bleed, just like your fingernails.
This is just another attack on Black women, in the War Against Black Women! Black women, let's Rock the Real, and I guarantee you a whole lotta women will be copying off of YOU!


* People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.-Maya Angelou

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/4914a9a34cbcc3dd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home