Friday, December 09, 2005

Busy Doing Nothing

Hey... the snow (what little there is of it), has kept me in most of the day doing something I don't do often...watch tv. All reruns. Nothing much to say either, except I listen to more radio than I do watch television. I find it vastly more interesting and intelligent. You have to be able to express your ideas without the visual medium to carry you along, so it makes it that much more interesting to me.. Today I listened to Joe Madison, the Black Eagle (I love this show)on WOL/Radio One and I respect this man because he comes at you straight no chaser, just the facts and the truth nothing but the truth. You gotta respect the truth, ya' know. Also, I heard a bit of JW Nightwolf on Pacifica's WPFW. This is another man I respect wholeheartedly for presenting the facts. How else can you inform people without truth? I also catch Air America radio when I can, but I am also usually pretty busy, as are we all nowadays, right? I like variety in my listening pleasure.
Also, I wanted to comment on Divas the Site's new inclusions of The B Divas--- Big, Black and Beautiful! Awesome, with Nina Simone, Yolanda Adams, Lena Horne, Eartha Kitt, Dinah Washington, Ella Fitzgerald and many more legends, even Bessie Smith. This is not only entertaining, it's also a history walk through the turn of the last century straight into 2005. I was very surprised to see these ladies and Carmen McRae and Shirley Horn, who recently translated. This was awesome for me to experience. Real music aficionados will love this addition, if nothing else.
Still hounded by the same experiences... oh well...
I remember what it was like to be free...I took it for granted and now that I don't have it... it is a precious hope. I feel like a runaway slave. Perhaps this is group karma or something (Katrina, etc.) but we must repeat our lessons if we did not learn them. I beleive that's why we are here...to learn, to grow, to atone/atune with the Father/Higher Power/Whatever You Call It/Them/He/She. That's why I love Cathy Hughes' opening prayer in the mornings. It gives me that added bit of strength to carry on, although I WILL NEVER GIVE UP--- NEVER! I know who I am! I know my enemy also, and I know their plans, and I will keep on until, and then some!
The Thanksgiving special by JW Nightwolf on WPFW was awesome!
Knowledge is most important. It is vitally necessary to know who you are if you are going to survive in this world/on this planet. The problem with too many people is they don't know what they think they know. Ignorance is not always bliss. How can it be? C'mon.
I also enjoy Dr Curtis Adams whenever he comes on the radio with information on how we can deal with parenting, stress, finances, etc, but mostly family/personal stuff. Real good.
Yesterday was John Lennon's 25th anniversary of being killed... Amy Goodman of Democracy Now did an excellent job of remembering and rekindling all kinds of information which is interesting for those of us who may be too young to remember much. Must have been a violent time, but I remember it as pleasant because I was a kid.
Also, there were many things on the telly this week such as Tyra Banks' retirement on the catwalk from Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and the crowning of the new America's Next Top Model - Nicole. Congrats Nicole! I think we'll also see Bre, but I don't think Nik will be seen much. Just my opinion. Also, the Billboard Awards; Mariah Carey is officially BACK--with a bang, not a whimper!Let's not hate.
http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/4914a9a34cbcc3dd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home