Wednesday, January 14, 2009

INAUGURATION FEVER!!!

Okay. I have been very excited about the inauguration of MY PRESIDENT, but I am having trouble seeing how over one million people from all over, will fit comfortably in my tiny hometown, a great city by the way! Don't get me wrong, I know this is an historical event and I am so proud to have helped out in my own small way, but already I have witnessed buses from Montana, Wyoming and New York streaming into DC, the Capital City. Traffic is already more of a mess than ususal and I am just having a hard time imagining how this will play out, what with DC bars and restaurants and other venues open 24-7 or until 4 am for inaugration week. Obama-mania is in full effect (party like Barack-star, he's totally cooool), but I can't even imagine it. Washington, DC is used to tourists year round. We love our tourists (unless we are in a hurry) and we respect our tourists and will even stop walking while they take pictures of the monuments (sometimes) and continue walking once they are through, but... millions all at once? I just can't imagine. Hey Mayor Fenty, what are you gonna do for the homeless in DC for inauguration week? Are you a) gonna get them off the streets so that everyone sees the capital city in a new light (change?) or are you b) gonna let them stay out there and rack up some big time food and money like the vendors and other businesses are gonna do (hope)?
History is being made, right here, right now. All eyes are on my hometown.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/4914a9a34cbcc3dd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home